On Shore Opportunities
Our vessels are managed across all functions by our in-house team of experienced and highly-skilled professionals who work together every day guided by the core values that shape our culture: Entrepreneurship, Openness, Meritocracy, Initiative, and Teamwork.
Professional development of our people is at the heart of our everyday operations. We manage and reward performance in a fair and transparent way and we strive to develop meaningful career paths and development opportunities for our employees.
Our vision is to be the global leader in dry bulk shipping. To achieve this, we are always looking for talented and driven professionals to team up with us to shape the future of the dry bulk market.
- Jun 10, 2019
- MRV Officer
1. Prepares the MRV Monitoring Plans for all fleet vessels.
2. Collects necessary data, calculations and MRV/DCS reports to undergo relevant audits.
3. Completes the digital version of sounding tables and onboard installation of interface, for all fleet vessels.
4. Handling of relevant financial cases of above in Navision.
5. Checks daily all vessels’ data submitted in the VPR platform, concerning ROB, consumptions, distance over ground, bunkering measurements, necessary cargo & bunker documents.
6. Provides guidance and instructions to crew members for the correct data submission.
7. Monitors the Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) manual preparation and verification for all fleet vessels.
8. Handles all resulting issues of IHM manual preparation.
9. Follows up financially all relevant cases in Navision.
1. BEng in Naval Architecture, Engineering or any relevant field.
2. Minimum 2 year of experience in a relevant department of a shipping company.
3. Post-graduate studies in a relevant field and/or knowledge of Navision will be considered an asset.
4. Fluency in English.
5. Computer literate.
6. Strong communication & organisation skills.
- Feb 18, 2019
- Research Analyst
- Reviews the market headlines and examines relevant reports to identify important cases and scenarios, in order to discuss and evaluate them with the Head of Research.
- Collects, processes, evaluates and occasionally translates data from various sources, so as to analyze the shipping markets’ performance, create indicators and graphs and conclude about the future short and long-term trends of the shipping sectors.
- Contributes to the update of existing market presentations and the drafting of market scripts to assist on the publication quarterly results.
- Creates new reports and presentations related to the market used by the head of research and / or the management for internal or external purposes.
- Cooperates with other departments to assist on the update of the quarterly results market section, to get data on the fleet supply and to provide market reports.
- Completes any other relevant task requested by the Head of Research.
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Engineering or any relevant field.
- Postgraduate degree in Economics / International Trade.
- Minimum 2 years of experience on transport, energy or applied economics. Experience in the finance or research department of a shipping company will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer literate and with excellent command of Microsoft Excel.
Star Bulk is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to protecting the privacy of personal data that maintains about clients, employees and other individuals such as candidates. As part of this commitment to privacy, Star Bulk regularly reviews its data protection practices to comply with applicable laws, standards and practices. In preparation for the EU's General Data Protection Regulation and other privacy regulations, we would like to verify that you give your consent to maintain, process and use your personal data included in your resume for relevant job opportunities within Star Bulk for a period of two years from the latest date received. If you do not wish us to maintain or process your resume, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com requesting to remove your personal data from our database.