On Shore Opportunities
Our vessels are managed across all functions by our in-house team of experienced and highly-skilled professionals who work together every day guided by the core values that shape our culture: Entrepreneurship, Openness, Meritocracy, Initiative, and Teamwork.
Professional development of our people is at the heart of our everyday operations. We manage and reward performance in a fair and transparent way and we strive to develop meaningful career paths and development opportunities for our employees.
Our vision is to be the global leader in dry bulk shipping. To achieve this, we are always looking for talented and driven professionals to team up with us to shape the future of the dry bulk market.
- Aug 14, 2019
- Dry cargo freight trader (Singapore-based)
- Identifies, secures and hedges spot and forward cargoes for the company’s fleet of head owned and time chartered in vessels
- Understands clearly all MTM, Risk, MTM & Risk related measures, P&L, P&L related impacts and own book management
- Is proactive, effectively prioritizing and executing daily tasks together with the respective teams in Europe in a high-pressure environment
- Actively contributes to the in-house research analysis
- Operates within a cross cultural team environment and maintains a team spirit using strong interpersonal skills
- University degree in Chartering, Marketing, Economics or any relevant field
- Excellent command of the English language both orally and written
- Good command of Asian languages will be considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years in freight trading / chartering / ship-operating of supramax and / or panamax size vessels
- Strong knowledge and relationships on grain / minerals' movements from / to the Pacific Ocean
- Jul 30, 2019
- Technical Coordinator
- Assists and provides support to the technical superintendents in organizing, coordinating, monitoring and following-up various outstanding items, defect reports, repairs and in organizing attendances for onboard services (external providers, service stations etc.).
- Assists in organizing new projects and dry-dockings under the guidance of the technical superintendents.
- Monitors and reviews vessel consumptions and various analysis reports and distributes respective files accordingly.
- Records and monitors the vessels’ technical superintendent attendance intervals, the produced reports and the identified deficiencies and ensures proper filing and record keeping.
- Monitors the status of certificates and coordinates their renewals. Ensures the certificates’ due dates monitoring system is always kept updated, communicates with the vessel’s class society and schedules, organizes and coordinates class attendances.
- Provides technical support and any additional technical documentation and assistance to shipboard personnel for the proper operation and maintenance of the vessels’ machinery and equipment. Ensures proper record keeping practices are followed-up on board. Ensures that all vessel’s reports, forms, records etc. are received timely, reviewed as required and filed accordingly.
- Ensures company’s policies and procedures are followed within the department. Prepares various reports, collects vessel performance data as required for the technical department’s reporting of KPIs.
- Inputs the various technical information, service reports in the company’s system as well as information related to purchasing, invoicing, certification and various technical matters.
- Occasionally attends a vessel as deemed necessary.
- Provides any other related assistance as required by the Fleet/Technical Manager or the Technical Director.
- University degree in Engineering / Naval Architecture and minimum 2 years of experience in the Technical department of a shipping company.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously within strict deadlines.
- Jul 23, 2019
- HR Generalist
- Maintains and updates accurately all employees’ records and lists, organizational charts, employees’ profiles etc.
- Administers various employees’ benefits such as life and medical insurance.
- Handles employees’ absences and maintains the respective records.
- Administers various HR procedures, policies and practices.
- Coordinates all the administration processes such as visitors, building maintenance, office needs.
- Runs all recruitment and selection processes including communication with the candidates, interview arrangements, coordination with line managers etc.
- Handles all the performance management and development processes.
- Maintains the Company’s human resources management system (HRMS).
- Assists on any projects assigned by the Head of HR.
- University degree in HR, Business, Management, Psychology or any relevant field.
- A post graduate degree will be an asset.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in various HR areas (i.e., selection, recruitment, training, development, performance/talent management, payroll/benefits, employee relations, internal communication etc.).
- Good knowledge of Greek labor law.
- Experience in the shipping industry will be an asset.
- Fluency in English and excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Familiarity with human resources information systems (HRIS).
Star Bulk is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to protecting the privacy of personal data that maintains about clients, employees and other individuals such as candidates. As part of this commitment to privacy, Star Bulk regularly reviews its data protection practices to comply with applicable laws, standards and practices. In preparation for the EU's General Data Protection Regulation and other privacy regulations, we would like to verify that you give your consent to maintain, process and use your personal data included in your resume for relevant job opportunities within Star Bulk for a period of two years from the latest date received. If you do not wish us to maintain or process your resume, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to remove your personal data from our database.